Well... our story begins on the first day of 1st grade when Daniel walked me to the school bus because I didn't know where to get on the bus and we rode the same bus (and because the teacher asked him). I think he might have even held my hand. Well... we grew up friends going to the same church and had a lot of the same classes throughout our school years. Then finally on October 12, 2001, Daniel asked me to be his girlfriend. (this was our senior year of high school) We dated for 3 months before he ASKED for the first kiss. :)
We graduated high school together. He went to UGA and lived on campus and I lived at home and attended Truett-McConnell College in Watkinsville. We dated through our freshman and part of our sophomore year when we broke up in February 2004. I can't even remember the reason. (We dated for 2 and half years)
We graduated high school together. He went to UGA and lived on campus and I lived at home and attended Truett-McConnell College in Watkinsville. We dated through our freshman and part of our sophomore year when we broke up in February 2004. I can't even remember the reason. (We dated for 2 and half years)
That fall I transferred to UGA and he to Southern Poly in Marietta. I think we only kept in touch though our families. We both graduated college and got jobs. Daniel started working for EMCOR Services in Smyrna and I started working for the Georgia Department of Education in downtown Atlanta.
After a 4 year break, we ran into to one another at a friend's wedding in January 2008. We reconnected with lunch one day and about a week later a date on Valentine's Day which I had total forgotten about Valentine's Day when I agreed to go. :) We picked up right where we left off. We both knew right away if we started dating again we were going to get married! We knew we were meant to be when God brought us back together! So 5 months later....
Daniel proposed on July 11, 2008. (after me bugging him about it for a month or so) I already had the date for the wedding set, the church booked, and the reception hall booked. So I knew the proposal was coming. He took me to Paul's on the River in Helen and we had a nice dinner which is something we did often since I lived in Helen. Then we went to a walk around the town which NOT something did after eating at Paul's so I knew something was up. After having walked for a little while we stop by the river for a KISS and then he dropped to one knee and asked m
e to marry him. And of course I said YES!
And 4 months later on November 15, 2008 we got married at our home church, Centennial Baptist Church in Rutledge. On that day I married my BEST friend. We had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed a week long honeymoon in Punta Cana, D.R.
Daniel had bought a condo in Marietta in Augusta 2007 and that is where lived until just recently when we moved back HOME to Mansfield!! Daniel still works for EMCOR Services and I am staying at home right now raising our baby...Browning a 18 month old Chocolate Lab. He is spoiled rotten and is truly our child
. I also started two businesses recently...one is with Mary Kay and the other is Browning & Friends Pet Care (a pet sitting service). We have already celebrated our 1st Anniversary...WOW that year came and went fast!
We have been truly blessed by God with each other, our family and friends, and our church! We are excited to see what God has in store for our lives together.

No comments:
Post a Comment