This year Daniel and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary, which was November 15th, with a trip to Gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We spent 3 nights at a cute, rustic cabin named "Country Charme" right outside of Pigeon Forge.
The front of the cabin. I think it used to be an old general store.
The Kitchen... I love the stove. It was interesting to cook on.
The Living Room... It was warm and cozy with the gas heater going at night.
Friday evening after settling into our cabin, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Alamo Steakhouse in Pigeon Forge. Daniel had grilled salmon and I had grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon and coated with sweet BBQ sauce. The food was amazing!
We spent Friday evening and all day Saturday at Dollywood. They were having "Christmas in the Smokies" while we were there. At night they have the entire park lit up with over 4 million Christmas lights. It was so beautiful.
Daniel in front of the Dollywood Express
Sunday afternoon we spent a couple of hours riding through Cade's Cove looking at all the wildlife. I think this was Daniel's favorite part of the trip. Even though the weather was kinda nasty, we did see some turkeys, deers and two coyotes. We even got to see two small bucks fighting.
Sunday night we ate dinner in Gaitlinberg at the The Peddler Steakhouse... very yummy food. Daniel had a custom cut steak and I had the grilled chicken.
We had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary! We are ready to see what God has in store for this next year of marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment