Thursday, October 28, 2010

Q & A: I got Tagged! :)

Amy from "A Southern Love" tagged me in a neat Q & A game.  This is a great way to get to know fellow bloggers.  This is how it works: I answer the 8 questions that Amy asked then I come up with 8 questions of my own and tag 8 friends to answer my questions. They answer my questions and so on.

Amy asked the following questions:

1. If you could be in any tv show when you were a kid what would it be?

I LOVED Saved by the Bell when I was younger and still love to watch.  My friends and I growing would pretend all the time that we at Bayside High when we played school.  I always wanted to be Kelly.


2. What has been your favorite Christmas gift as a child?

There were many presents that I loved; however, the one that stands out the most in my mind was the bunk beds that my brother and I got one year.  I think I was 9 or 10 years old.  I think Brandon and I used it more for a jungle gym than a bed.  Later, I ended up breaking my arm because of it when I slipped coming down the ladder. :(  Ours was metal and black like the one pictured below with the exception of the ladder being on the front not the side.



3. What actress would you want to play you if your life was a movie?

I have been told I look like:
Cameron Diaz

Kirsten Dunst
(I wish... they are beautiful. I don't see it but I'm guessing it's the cheeks.)

But my favorite actress is...

Reese Witherspoon
I LOVE all of her movies!!

4. What decade fad do you wish would come back?

Umm... I'm not sure.  I am one that is not big on fads.  I wear what I feel is comfortable and looks good on me. 

5. What song describes your life?

There so my songs I could relate to my life in one way or another but without a doubt the song that best describes this season of my life is "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller.  I am waiting on the Lord for healing and children.  I am learning everyday that God's timing is PERFECT.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

6. What was your favorite subject in school?
 
My favorites were math and science. In High School, I practically lived in the agriculture building.  I love all things agricultural (mostly animal science).
 
 


7. If you could have a dream job for a day what would it be?

My dream job is to be a MOMMY but until then I am a wife to Daniel and a homemaker. Some health issues over the pass year and a half have keep me from a full-time job.  Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Veterinarian.  I LOVE animals!!  I started on that path when I started college but I felt a stronger desire to be a mom and raise a family.  The type of Veterinary work I wanted to do was in the Large Animal field (cow, horse, hogs...farm animals) and these vets can potentially be on call 24/7 which would making rasing family difficult.  I didn't want to spend 8 years and money on school and not use it.  Every now and then, I still wish I had taking that route but there is a reason God place another desire in my heart. 

I worked for the Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center as part of the summer staff and also did an internship there in college and served as Summer Staff Supervisor.  I loved working at the camp.  I would love to work there are again as part of their education leadership team.  That would be my dream job that pretains to my degree which is in Agricultural Education.
8. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

That's an easy one! A cow or pig.  They are my favorite animals. When I was in middle school and high school, I raised and showed cows and pigs.  I had 9 show pigs and 3 show cows.



I wouldn't mind being our chocolate lab, Browning.  He is our baby and is completely, 100% spoiled!  Oh, to have the life on a dog... no worries, lay around or play all day.


 Trying to be just like his Daddy!

Browning on his 1st Birthday

 Browning sitting in his bed that my dad built for him for Christmas

Doing what he loves...SWIMMING!

My Questions are:
1. If you had a chance to change your name, would you and what would it be?

2. What is/are your favorite book(s)?

3. If you for told you have 1 minute to pick out one outfit from your closet but not told where you were going, what would you pick and why?

4. My sister-in-law and I have a small cake decorating business and hope to one a day open a bakery, so what is your favorite dessert?

5. What has been the best vacation you have taken so far and what would be your ultimate dream vacation?

6. What are some of your favorite Bible verses?

7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

8. I know this may be a weird question but is your daily skin care routine?

If anyone else feels like playing along, please go ahead! I can't to see everyone's anwers!

I am tagging:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing girl! LOVED all your answers!! Isn't this so much fun?! I think it is a great way to get to know other bloggers!! I also LOVED bunkbeds!!! My brother had one growing up and I used to always want to sleep in there!! haha And "While I'm Waiting" is one of my all time favorites!!

    Thanks for the tag! I can't wait to get started on more questions! :)

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! I just did my post! Thanks again for the tag! Oh and I also gave you a blog award! Come check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! I'll def work on those later. :) I really like your blog Nina!

    ReplyDelete